Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sleep Bum Status

over my years
I've slept in
some random places,
bum style
on sidewalks -
at the Bro Bowl in Tampa,
outside of bars
- in Ybor City, Daytona Beach
in the bed of my own pick-up truck -
the Skatepark of Tampa parking lot,
at the skatepark in Louisville Kentucky,
camp Sleezy at Wekiva Falls in Sanford
in musty old spray painted tents
on porches and balconies
random couches and floors
of friends apartments,
wrapped up in dusty old blankets
sometimes stoned-drunk,
sometimes not
just for the soul need
of sleep


1 comment:

  1. Originally penned in the Fall of 2012, in Norway. The version posted here is the re-write. The original written piece in my journal book is just a rough draft - I had messed up, and left out some of the things I wanted to write in the poem, and some of it was not in the order of how I wanted to write it. From journal book number Five.

    ReplyDelete