Saturday, January 26, 2019

Failing...at Life, and Slowly Dying

my ears ring deafening
my heart pounds hard and heavy
in my chest
my stomach is twisted in knots
I am so exhausted
I just want to sleep
sleep away life
yet the caffeine from the coffee
has me wired
wide awake
shakey and jittery
hunger does hit
my stomach grumbles
knowing I should eat
yet I can not
can not bring myself to do so
the thought of food
the thought of eating
my stomach twists and knots more
I get nauseous
I go numb
the shakes and jitters return
overtaking my body
it's a fear
the fear grasps me
failing...at life
falling apart 
-
love and hate, hate and love
beginning to hate the love, and
love the hate
how will this life
of a broken man end?
how will death be?

1 comment:

  1. Originally penned in the Winter of 2019, in Skövde Sweden. From journal book number Eight.

    ReplyDelete