Monday, August 20, 2012

For Mom

that thursday it was steady gray , cold
it snowed all day

shaking
tears
calmness
all with headache
lost
found for brief moments by my loving wife
to be held.


not much sleep this night
lots of phone conversations with
family and friends
comforting
seeking but no answers to be found


four days passed so far
the numbness still lingers
I get lost in my thoughts
missing mom, sometimes talking to her and only her
is what will help - yet I can't, no phone calls
my own wife holds me close,
the voices of friends
it all does help, I am thankful for it all
but I still feel alone, lost
as if only my mom's touch is what can help me
yet no more hugs

1 comment:

  1. Originally penned December 2010, in Norway. I wrote this piece over a period of four days - after my mother had passed away. From journal book number Three.

    ReplyDelete